Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Union Catalog is up!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #82 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

That makes a lot more sense with the boot $$ comment. That is definitely something I like hearing and does instill a lot more confidence in the new design.

I'll take your repetition "Lifetime warranty on all plastic parts" that you do in fact offer lifetime on highbacks. I will start letting customers know this.

On Zytel again, this is kinda why I asked for any empirical data that isn't brand-only knowledge. It may be that Duponts polycarb does in fact have all these benefits you speak of, but when you start adding carbon and/or glass and the varying levels and types, things can change quite drastically. That I can think of without really going and digging Union is the only binding company using a branded polycarb. It's hard to take on word that it's better in every way. After all, advil is just ibuprofen.

It might be cross threading, but its been the same system at least since 2007. I can't imagine that it has only become a problem in the last 2 years. There are ways to build it with larger threads to avoid cross threading and keep them from backing out.

I'll be clearer with the heelcup issue, I never had any come back in shop. These are instances from friends and friends of friends. One aspect I have always spoken of in my personal experience with Union is your working durability. Things break, but I never had anything break that made them unrideable.

I know that distribution doesn't equal same money. I was under the impression that Capita and Union were closer financially than just distribution. My apologize for the assumption.

In case it was the impression, I didn't jump on this to back up the basher. Your post raised some questions of mine and gave me an opportunity to mention some other things. Since our conversations are getting more and more civil I figured it'd be a good time to bring up some things that others would have just yelled at me about 8 months ago.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 07-16-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote