Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Yes Basic - For a beginner
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
KRS1

Default Yes Basic - For a beginner

Hi Guys,

So I posted a few days ago mentioning that I was looking to buy my first board and was looking into the Never Summer SL (2013), however due to the cost of the board here in England and also some reviews that I heard that it could be a bit too much for a beginner to handle, I have put that board on the back burner and looked for another.

I have come now across the YES Basic. Not many reviews on here regarding the 2013 version (i promised I have searched the forums and google). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the board and what you opinions are regarding it being used for a beginner.

My details are:

Height: 5ft 8
Weight: 78kg
Boots: Vans Hi Standard

I am mainly on groomers, but would like to eventually progress to more all mountain stuff. I will probably be doing 1% park, lol, I really want to learn to do some small jumps. I am too old and too stiff to be jibbing and doing backward flips. I am a complete beginner, turns are being linked well, not very good at going straight and fast though, but want to learn.

My main point is to get a board that I can grow into.

Oh and if you could recommend some bindings to complement the board and my boots, that would be great. I have narrowed some down to the Burton Cartel, Burton Mission, Union Force and Flux TT30.

I have reserved a YES Basic 157 right now, it costs 219 ($333) so seems like an excellent price over here. The Never Summer SL is 339 ($515) cheapest.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
KRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote