Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fractured patella / ruptured patella tendon
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
m0rph3us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
If you do all the forementioned, surgery shouldn't be necessary. Nickle and dime. Are you asking what exercises specifically to do? Have you used Epson Salt? Are you supplementing? Dieting?
Nah I won't need any more surgery, fingers crossed. They didn't need to put any wires in, so I'm pretty sure they won't need to take any out! The surgery I had was just to get my kneecap back in the right place, in one piece, and reattach the patella tendon. In New Zealand, any accident-related injury is mostly paid for by the government (the big ticket items like surgery and hospital stays are fully funded and they also cover stuff like taxis to and from work if you can't drive).

I go see the surgeon again late next week and then hopefully he'll clear me to start rehab. So yeah any suggestions for exercises would be helpful.

Not supplementing other than a protein shake each day. Working out upper body 3x/week, eating pretty healthy but not dieting.
m0rph3us is offline   Reply With Quote