Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow bindings?
Thread: Flow bindings?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Flowbits

I got the Flight 1's (the lower end model) on my current board, purely for the step-in possibilities. When you're riding indoor alot or the same park getting in and out of the elevators I can surely recommend Flow bindings. The thing that impressed me the most is that there's less pressure on your toes while riding. Also when you have skiers in your group Flows will help you keep up without having to strap up first.

My experiences with normal straps were basically having to release my toestrap every 2 hours to allow my toes to have some blood (aside from having to using the ratchets all the time). In the beginning the Flow bindings felt too loose but once I was on the slope and noticed it did not cut down on the response of my board it was way more comfy than the regular strap bindings.

This was 3 years ago so I can imagine traditional straps might've solved these issues now as well but still I'm upgrading my Flite 1's to the NX or fuse models

Naturally the moment I feel the bindings are limiting me in one way or another I will think of moving back to the traditional ones (maybe the more advanced you are the more step-in Flows will limit you, just a thought?)
Flowbits is offline   Reply With Quote