Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Disadvantages of a board being too small...
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
theMayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
If you think there isn't ice in the park here you are sadly mistaken. That shit is firm and I mean FIRM.
Haha, I'm aware there is ice everywhere, but out east our home slopes (NC and WV)are so small and packed that it is literally like boarding on a slanted ice rink. Practicing park on SOLID ice is not ideal, and "powder days" consist usually of about 2in of wet slush... So I'm pretty excited for some descent pow, even if it does get firm, I guarantee that I wont complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
Keep your little board for groomers and the park for now, unless you're a rabid speed demon it will be fine, and especially good for park, butters etc.

Demo a longer, powder oriented board on a day with good snow and see what you think. Then buy accordingly. Consider burton Sherlock as an all round board thats good in powder or fish or barracuda for powder specific.

Demo is your friend.
I enjoy speed, but even riding my 154 I feel comfortable and stable racing down the mountain, that why I'm curious if a larger board will even benefit me (stability wise)... or just slow my turns.
As far as demo-ing a board, how does that work? Do you just show up on the mountain a particular set day and test as many as you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
You should also think about why so many people have a quiver of boards: different boards for different things. Why get another 154?
I'm not planning to get another small board. But building up an arsenal of boards IS my goal... I just need a starting point.

For those curious as to what boards I'm considering, I've looked at a 162W GNU's Rider's Choice for all mountain riding, and possibly a 169 Burton Barracuda for strictly powder. (Both are a ~5 flex)

Thoughts?

Last edited by theMayor; 07-30-2013 at 01:17 PM.
theMayor is offline   Reply With Quote