Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Sugar, Beech, or Wolf

787 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  That_Noob_Guy 
#1 ·
Thinking about one of these 3 areas in the NC area for my 'loosen' up trip this year... I can imagine most would say Sugar... Any preference on one or the other??

#2 ·
Hey man, I ride NC every year. Forget about wolf, you can tell by the trail map. Beech has the fastest lift at about 7 minutes with a similar length run to sugar whose lift ride is about 14 minutes (a long time to get cold if youre the type). I like em both though! Beech is pretty terrible when things are icy, but thats east coast for ya. I'd make a point to hit them both if you're gonna be in town for a couple days. Only about 45 min apart.

#3 ·
I'm planning on Sugar, but if I can pull both in one trip I will try to. Just picked this up last winter, and experienced Gatlinburg, and Snowshoe, needless to say I probably won't go back to Ober unless it's for tourist moonshine... However work may have completely dictated my riding schedule this winter... Is Sugar and Beech any decent in Dec time frame?

#4 ·
Hard to say, always dependent on weather of course. If you check sugars website I think theres a page showing their annual open dates through the years, but The first week of december is when they generally open up. Sometimes late november. It's never open to the top by then tho, only 3/4. I usually go anyways, but its only a 3 hr drive for me and I've usually been starving for 8 months. Oh and beech is usually a couple weeks after sugar due to the direction it faces so that might mae the choice real easy for ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.