Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Today I Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #241 (permalink)
Karasene
Veteran Member

Making random friend connections

So I had to get a desk job after breaking my arm last season now that I'm in recovery... and I got hired at a call center. I sell people on splitting up their debits to pay their mortgage, bi-weekly, semi-monthly etc. "Save thousands in interest, pay your loan off sooner, build equity faster in your home" people yelling at you about their loans being sold/our system is down/why is their a fee/you're not my mortgage company?... blah blah. Others very happy to get started and set it up automatically.

Well today I had a guy call he was 63 and while my computer was loading screens he asked where I was located I replied, "Utah" -"Oh yes I've been to Utah, rode at Parkcity".. "Where are you located sir?" -"Bellingham, Washinton".. "oh yes I would love to visit the mountains in Washington. Mount Baker especially" -"That's exactly where we ride! I got 35 days in this past season!"

You can imagine the non work related conversation took off from there. His daughter and I are the same age and he was talking about how she did some winter couch surfing. me-"No way! I did some couch surfing myself, that's what brought me out here in the first place. I was lucky to get in 26 different resorts two seasons back." Then I go, "I would never normally do this, but I'd love to give you my information, if your daughter ever would like to visit Utah I'd be happy to let her couch surf here" he told me his daughters name and explained that he loves riding with her and her crew and that they all know Mt. Baker like the back of their hand and that if I ever get a chance to visit Washington he and his family would be happy to give me and my boyfriend a place to stay and he'd love to buy both of us a beer one day, he told me his daughters name and to expect a FB friend request from her and possibly himself. Anyway. There you have it. One good thing that happened to me today. A couch offer and a personal tour of Mt Baker when I get the chance. Way stoked on the first good thing that has happened since yesterday. Let's just hope he follows through!

Last edited by Karasene; 07-31-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Karasene is offline   Reply With Quote