Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stumped on selecting a board
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
HashSlngngSlshr

Default Stumped on selecting a board

Hi everyone. I finally felt the need to join this forum so I could ask a question that's been bugging me for a while. What board should I get? Don't worry, I'm not a beginner, so you don't have to deal with trying to explain things to me. I don't know what it is, but I just can't really find any boards that are overly appealing to me. Oh, I also don't even know what size board to ride anymore either, so could someone help with that? I'm about 5'7", 135-140 pounds, and I pretty much like to do anything. I had a 150 Stepchild Sexton this past season and it felt too stiff and too big for me, yet the year prior I had a Capita Indoor Survival that was a 150 and I loved it (before I broke it.) Anyway, back to board options. These are the ones that I have in mind so far:
GNU Forest Bailey Pickle 150
Lib Box Scratcher 147
Capita Ultrafear 147

The only thing about Capitas is that even though I've liked the ones I've ridden, they seem to break too easily. I've never rode a Mervin board before, so does anyone have input on either of those? Also, I can get the GNU for $350 and the Lib for $320. Any other suggestions are welcome as well. To give an idea of board suggestions I'm looking for, my local shop has Lib, GNU, Capita, Rome, Burton, Ride, Never Summer, and Stepchild as far I know. Sorry for this being so long-winded but I'd appreciate any help I can get right now.
HashSlngngSlshr is offline   Reply With Quote