Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stumped on selecting a board
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
HashSlngngSlshr

Ok, so yes, I do like riding everything but I guess what I meant in those regards is that I like lapping the park (rails, jumps, whatever), just cruising and doing carves and what not, and also treating the mountain like the whole thing's the park, like sidehits and logs and stuff. Yes, I'm looking for a park board, so I'm not expecting something that'll pull real tight carves, but I do want something that can carve a little. I also probably don't need to worry too much about float in powder either. Let's see... Boards I've ridden in the past and what I thought of them:

Capita Horrorscope 148- really fun because it's so soft, but also what I thought was its downfall. I'm not that heavily rail oriented so I don't need something so soft.

Capita Ultrafear 147- I rode it as a demo board I think the second year it was in production and it just felt dead to me. No pop or flex. Maybe my stance wasn't right. I don't know. I'm hoping this could've changed.

Capita Indoor Survival 150- So much fun! Pretty fast but still flexible enough to press it pretty easily. Narrower than the horrorscope or ultrafear so it could kinda carve. I just wish they made it in like a 148.

Salomon Salomonder 148- Borrowed it from a friend for a while and it seemed pretty solid. Probably had more pop than reverse camber too.

Nitro Subzero 148- Another board I demo'd and it was tons of fun. Ridiculous presses on it and the weird gullwing camber helped it keep an edge pretty well also. I wish I had gotten to spend more time on it.

Stepchild Joe Sexton 150 - This board is an absolute beast. So solid, like the construction on it just seems spot on. The only thing is that it was way stiffer than I expected, or I'm not man enough to get good presses on it, or because I don't have a maxed out stance. The 147 would probably suit me better.

I guess those are the specifics that I managed to leave out before. I'd be happy to answer anymore questions if they help as well.
HashSlngngSlshr is offline   Reply With Quote