Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Time for a new snowboard!

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  dominic252 
#1 ·
Alright guys so I'm looking in to getting a new board for the new season. Really just want something playful that I can take in the park and on the hill. The hills I go to are really small and not real big, so a strictly all-mountain board isn't necessary. Plus, I'll have my Burton Custom for any place that I wouldn't be comfortable with.

I guess what I'm trying to do is get a board softer and more fun than my Custom, which at times feels like I'm riding a coffee table :laugh: If you could recommend me a board that does what I want and replaces my custom, that would be cool. Honestly, that's not necessary, though. I've been looking at the Ride Machete, however I read that they're fairly stiff. How stiff they are compared to my Custom, I have no idea.

ANyway, I'm 5'8" and way 185lbs. I snowboard mainly up in Ohio, but like to go to New York every once in a while

Thanks guys!

#5 ·
Alright I probably should've mentioned I don't want to spend much on a board haha. If I can get last years model for around 300, that would be perfect. Or new, maybe close to 500.

The reason I like Ride so much is because of their graphics. Their probably my favorite out of any board company I've seen, but I have no idea on the stiffness of them and I don't have the luxury of being able to test out boards.

Thanks guys!

#9 ·
I have a 2012 Ride Machete the dude sold me on the graphics but after riding it for 2 years im tired of it. The board is to stiff for me and maybe you too. It is a great all mountain freestyle board which is what i thought i was going to be doing it but after gaining more park experience the board is done. So all in all i wouldnt recommend a Ride Machete even thou the graphics are sick. Im looking at getting an Arbor Blacklist(wide westmark) you might like that too or a Arbor Westmark or Arbor Draft

GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

#12 ·
Yeah cause everyone knows Graphics are the most important thing when selecting a snowboard. Have to look cool and fill the part to snowboard!
Or maybe it's because I value art and I would like a nice looking board if I'm going to be spending the money on it. I also don't need you being so offensive. You aren't helping out me out in anyway, so please stop contributing

#13 ·
To answer someone's question, I believe I have a 10.5 boot. Might even be 10. Thanks for all of the recommendations! Seems that you guys really like Arbor boards.

I would like to avoid Burton boards that utilize The EST binding system because there's a good chance I won't be getting Burton bindings.

Keep em coming!

#18 ·
Alright I'll bump this. Been doing a lot of research and have come up with...nothing haha. Been looking at the Ride Buckwild and Bataleon Evil Twin. It kind of sounds like these would be what I'm looking for, but I'm worried I'm going to end up with a board that isn't any looser than my Custom. Ride's twin rocker shape looks like something that might be what I should be looking for in a board.

One general question though, is it safe to assume a park board with some type of rocker-flat-rocker profile will be generally more playful and looser than a wide, normal camber board?

Also, sorry for unloading all of this on here. All this technology is still relatively new to me. I haven't bought a board since 2007, before any of these new profiles were available (or maybe I just wasn't aware of them).

Thanks for all of the help so far guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.