Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - switch x type step in bindings question
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
UNION INHOUSE
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykoreankid View Post
I kinda figured that would be the basic suggestion, it's just ever since I saw the Burton infinite channel system I've thought it was pretty darn genius, so I'm kinda obsessing over it at the moment. Are there any other manufacturers with a similar design?

I've looked pretty hard and can't find anything but I SWEAR I saw something with a dual channel system, somebody suggested it in a "unique board design" topic. I just gotta find it again! <_< >_>
Channel boards have been around for 14 years (give or take a year). The reason you don't see more of them, is it's solving an issue that doesn't exist. The channel also effects the way the board flexes. Whether that's a good thing, or a bad thing depends on who you're talking to.

The channel is great if you don't have an adjustable heelcup, and effected by stance limitations. We make channel compatible disks and actually sell quite a few, proving it's a viable option.

Cheers.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote