Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Building your own house
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #57 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
Congrats!

I dream of renovating and old farm house (around 200years). Love these buildings with all the old wood and truss... got a flat now in such an old farmhouse. There's hardly anything exactly vertical or horizontal, all timbers, floor and ceilings are a bit skewed.
[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kLFUS1

I love old buildings. Those pictures are gorgeous. I love wood beam construction!!! Where I am late 1800s is about as old as you can get. I renovated my 1921 Craftsman home and I love it dearly. Its got the most amazing woodwork and trim. All built out of termite resistant redwood. Found out so much history from all the demo/rebuilding. The people who lived there in the 40s did a lot of work to it as well. They just don't make homes like they used to. I refuse to live in a new construction. I just won't do it.

As much as i love my house Im going to sell it and move into another. This one was built in 1937 so it feels new to me!!! Not to mention it's another fixer and needs a shit ton of work.....Im sort of over the whole living in a constant work in progress but I will be moving from a so so urban area to a really nice neighborhood on a private street at 1500 feet elevation with a deck built over a hillside. That will make it all worthwhile right? Besides, the second time around I know what Im doing and have the money to do it.

My criteria for a boyfriend was "must be handy, must have tools"