Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Building your own house
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #58 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
I love old buildings. Those pictures are gorgeous. I love wood beam construction!!! Where I am late 1800s is about as old as you can get. I renovated my 1921 Craftsman home and I don't make homes like they used to.

My criteria for a boyfriend was "must be handy, must have tools"
You'd like our alpine cabin. It was built somewhen mid 1700, completely of wood. Doing some soft renovation at the moment but want to keep the very basic touch of it with its iron hearth, soap stone stove and the antique doors and windows (that are useless in terms of insulation). Got electricity and warm water though, but still feels like a journey back in time to stay there.

Before moving to the countryside, I lived some years in the city. Couldn't anymore. You get used to the quiet. Only sounds I hear here are a font, heaps of swallows under the roof, ducks, frogs, and bells from the cows on the other side of the tiny lake. Oh, and from time to time the scary scream of a deer. Nice thing, it's only 5min drive to a highway (other side of the hill), and 15min to the center of the capital. Will be hard to find something equivalent to buy. Spent some days at a friends place outside London (supposed to be a calm suburb) and the traffic noise drove me mad.

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is online now   Reply With Quote