Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Building your own house
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #60 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Wow! what a stunning view! hope it turns out to be solid Very nice place to sit on the porch and sip a beer. And I guess, you've got a bigger garden to look after/shape.

Haha, you can tease me with horses . We live in a very horse unfriendly country... I'd live right up in the mountains if there wouldn't be the issue of no XC riding opportunities and lack of decent job offers in these valleys... Cities and XC riding concentrate in the flatlands here. Was thinking some seconds of applying for a postdoc in the UK (THE XC horse riding country in Europe) but giving up the mountains is simply no option. I'm looking for something to buy more than 5y now but haven't found anything decent (prices are crazy since about 3 years. You'll pay 1.5M for something with 5rooms, built in the 1970ies and with 1000m2 land in reasonable distance to a city). Home now isn't bad. It's "just" a rented flat, but the surrounding is as I like it:
and the second home during the weekend warrior season:

On the right side from the funnel, where the solid wooden wall is, would be the "living room". We're trying to get the permission to add an window there since the view would be very nice in winter. Not that easy... Swiss bureaucracy. Very strict rules, how big a window is allowed to be and you need to stick with an exactly mandated style of window - many tiny pieces of glass subdivided by bars (crown glass?). The older the building, the stricter the rules, even if it originally only was an alpine cow barn Hope, we'll get the allowance and work done till winter.

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline   Reply With Quote