Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New tech or just ride what i've got?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk View Post
Hi All,

I've been riding for a year now, and done nearly 4 weeks of mountain riding, gone from beginner to inter pretty quickly.

I ride UK Indoor domes too.

I bought this kit last year after reading up reviews, Ride DH 2.6 152 (Im 5'7 67kg, Size 7.5 boot), Burton FreeStyle Bindings, Burton Moto boots.

Ive never riden anything else, so dont know what it feels like. But im finding id like more response from my bindings, im getting heal lift in my boots, the straps on the bindings dig in to my boot, and the ratchets are not great, nor is the toe strap. So im pretty keen to change my bindings, and boots.

Ive ordered Nike Vapen's after reading that there a pretty solid boot, and work all around the mountain and park.

However for bindings after reading im thinking Burton Malavita's or Cartel's would do the job?

Any advice one if the kit im looking at would do the job for all mountain, but some time in the park too, and indoor park time too.

Im going to keep my board, i think it does the job, it just struggles on the powder days, or its probably just my pants riding lol.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jay
Get good fitting boots first, will probably fix most of your problems, and are most important.

Cartel is a stiff binding, malavita is medium and genesis is medium, any of those are great bindings. Freestyle is the entry level binding, you will find the ones above feel much more solid.

Start with boots.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote