Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot sizing question (also need thoughts to pick between 32 Lashed vs Nike Kaiju)
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevros48 View Post
Hey guys.

I bought a new pair of 32 Lashed snowboard boots in size 10 and got them heat molded in store with toe caps.
They seem a good fit generally but I feel that even when I get into riding position my toes are a wee bit cramped )not curled).
I thought the idea was the toes should just touch then not touch once in ride position ,they feel slightly cramped from above as well.

So ive read a lot of reviews where guys are saying the 32 boots run small so you should just get your street shoe size....even 32 themselves claim this but when I was in the store they go off the brannock system and seem to religiously stick to the downsize rule and keep saying the boot will pack out.

Some say in recent seasons this is not true and some boot liners do not pack out as much as they used to especially 32.
Also the shop says there is no difference between the 10 and 10 and a half as its only differences in the lining shell and footbed.

They also mention if it doesn't work I can always get custom footbeds.

So if I am fitting a 10and a half in street shoe Brooks and an 11 in a Puma im just wondering should I just attempt a second toe cap heat mold or should I take em back and try the 10 and a half which they claim will be faaaar too big even though 32 company themselves claim these things are more true to size.
I haven't taken em up mountain yet so may be able to swap them.
Ive been using hire Burton 10s and 10 and a halfs ( are they bigger than 32 sizing? )

SO frustrating how there is so much conflicting info on snowboard boot fitting.
Any help from anyone who is using 32 Lashed 2012 or 13 boots would be greatly appreciated thanks !
Go back to post #2 in this thread. Alkasquawlik is absolutely correct - there is really unlikely that you will get a reliable answer on boot fitting online.
Fit varies between model, manufacturers, model years, and even between different sizes for the same model in the same year. Most importantly it depends on the individual foot shape and there is no way to generalize. In my core (pun LOL) group of friends we ride multiple pairs Burton, Salomon, Vans, 32, and Ride boots and there is absolutely overall theme - some people upsize for Burton/Vans/32/Ride, some downsize; some find Vans run wide, others find they run narrow, etc.
The only general rule is that only trying them on (and sometimes even only riding them) will tell you whether a boot fits your foot.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote