Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - jacket suggestions
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by direride View Post
Just wondering what everyone would suggest for a jacket.
Something insulated, maybe 100g or so.
I dont have any luck with the layers and shell.
I get cold mad easy.
Maybe something compareable to the old Siver Cartel Stuka???
What you think are the warmest jackets around, for around 200 bones??
Sorry to sound like a dick but if you are cold and don't like it, layering is the way to go, if it didn't work for you, you were doing it WRONG.

I'd go with Killclimbz' suggestiongs as well as to add a puffy under the shell.

The following layering system is bombproof and even when it is very very cold I have a hard time wearing ALL of it.

1. baselayers: do not wear tight, compression style baselayers. Get loose fitting. Not only does this fit better without "riding up" during action, the loose layer actually insulates MUCH better (people on this forum will argue that they like their tight ass tights but if you are cold, this is not really an area for opinion, the looser options are significantly warmer -science/physics)

2. get a merino wool sweater to wear between your puffy and baselayers

3. get a nano-puff or micro-puff jacket to wear between shell and baselayers.

4. get a merino wool buff for your head neck and face

If you don't like our advices get one of those super oversized puffy down coats that the rappers wear on the east coast winter videos.

Neni and OP if you are sweating and it is making you cold, you need to invest in higher quality materials that breathe and wick. Baselayers that don't wick are so 30 years ago, spend some $$.

Last edited by snowklinger; 08-13-2013 at 08:24 AM.
snowklinger is online now   Reply With Quote