Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Regional: Mid Atlantic

84K views 853 replies 93 participants last post by  Maierapril 
#1 ·
For all you Mid Atlantic shreds. Here you go... :)

#17 ·
It all depends.....normally like 10-20 min if its packed but if its reeallly packed could be a little more...I think we will be ok this weekend though. Im going up tm so we'll see how it is up there and if they are expecting a lot of peeps

G
#20 ·
can you guys throw out some decent resorts within 5 hrs of DC? we usually hit up snowshoe, seven springs, wisp, whitetail, etc; but we're kinda burnt on those. my friend wants to go someplace different tomorrow, before he heads to new orleans for work, so i'm trying to find some place that's somewhat close but w/ decent conditions.

canaan is looking shitty. wisp is looking icy. the springs & snowshoe are our best bets, but we always go there. so anything further north that we should check out?

i wish we coulda made it up your way, mpd! your pics on myspace look mighty inviting!

#23 ·
jenn, i wouldnt bother with bear creek honestly. its a nice resort but not worth the drive from NoVa. i would compare it to liberty. jack frost/big boulder or camelback in the poconos could be fun but everything up there gets packed on the weekends. round top may not be a bad idea. like muzik said its only about an hour north of whitetail.

honestly even tho you are burnt 7springs and snowshoe prolly have the best riding around this weekend.

G
#70 · (Edited)
If anyone ever wants to do Jack Frost/Big Boulder in PA, or Mt. Snow in VT, shoot me a PM. My friends as I are always looking for people to ride with and do trips with. We have a cabin at Mt Snow next weekend and usually ride JFBB every weekend we are not in VT or out West.

jenn, i wouldnt bother with bear creek honestly. its a nice resort but not worth the drive from NoVa. i would compare it to liberty. jack frost/big boulder or camelback in the poconos could be fun but everything up there gets packed on the weekends.
I've spent a lot of time riding at most of the PA mountains and I also keep up with the local PA snow forums. So, I think I can chime in here.
Nothing beats the powder out West or the long trails in VT. But, if you are going to ride PA, I highly recommend Jack Frost/Big Boulder. (jfbb.com,) The runs are not long and the lifts are not fast. But, they have the best snow making, best grooming, best natural conditions.

Most importantly, JFBB's jumps and parks are THE BEST you will find. The videos in the media section say it all=
Big Boulder Park + 07/08 + We Are Bolder

(I highly recommend clicking on the "Dec 18th" video =)

The jumps (5ft-65ft, 11 in total) and rails/boxes are well designed and constructed and in addition to regular grooming and rebuilding, they hand groom the features all day. Since Peak bought JFBB and stepped things up, I haven't been going to VT every weekend like before. I highly recommend checking them out.

When Donovan McNabb was picked by the Eagles u people didnt like the pic. He is smart, level headed, just like us up here, cause he learned from here.
Fixed.
I live and die by the Eagles. I LOVED Cunnigham and looked forward to McNabb coming to Philly. He is a GREAT quaterback and I'm grateful we have him. But, he is always smiling and laughing when he screws up, playing the martyr, whining, and pulling the "race card". I don't think I will ever forgive McNabb/Reid'd stubbornness and ego for running Owens out of Philly. Their ego cost us another Superbowl run, and who knows what else. Regardless, I'm happy we have McNabb and the owner needs to give him a top receiver. The Giants fought well this season I gotta admit this is the ugliest team we have had in a while. But, I'm praying for a win against Arizona and an "All Pennsylvania" superbowl.

G
#24 ·
agreed. i want to do the springs, it's my friend who is burnt. he just wants something new. honestly, if we drive to mpd's it won't really be worth the drive either, as his mountain looks fairly small, but they did just get a bunch of snow & it's still snowing up there, plus it's a free place to crash. and my friend would be paying for the gas since i'd be driving. last carmen heard we weren't coming & now we are...so i gotta make sure it's still cool, lol.

#25 ·
Well officially just got home from Belle...

To start the morning off I get a speeding ticket 67 in a 45 although I know I wasn't going that fast..he guessed. He pulled over me and another car at the same time. The other guy got 62 so we know he was a scum. But anyway enough bitchin'

Upon arrival it startedsnowing....they had made snow so it was pretty decent anyway. Had a great day they were blowing all day as well and more trails are open!!!

Other than that nothing too crazy, as im riding with a few bruised ribs. Going back t/m and then sunday again!

G
#26 ·
yup yup, got up here at like 11:30 last night, driving through falling snow for the last 1.5 hr of the drive :D

carmen & his woman are the shit for putting us up...even got to sleep in a bed! we're gonna eat at the infamous Denny's this morning before we hit the mountain, which is reporting another 3-5" over the night, with the snow steady falling this morning still. so yeah, i'd say it's worth the drive!

G
#28 ·
yeah, yeah! it was a great time! thanks again for putting us up & kickin' it with us! i'm glad to be home though, even with the lack of snow :thumbsdown: but the drive was totally worth it to have such a fun weekend with awesome people (btw, i hope we didn't get too chatty with your old lady's daughter, she's a good girl though & was all about some new knowledge! we kept it clean though, nothing that would bring her down & out) :)

sorry we didn't wake you up to say goodbye, but ehh, goodbye's can be overrated.
till next time~ :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.