Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Keeping the balloon over inflated
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
bobepfd

Default Keeping the balloon over inflated

So what do you guys think of all the talks of economic stimulus?

My thought is that the government should just stop passing out checks every year or two to supposedly help stimulate a faltering economy. It's time Americans learn to live within their means. And that means at some point sales are going to slow.

Granted I love getting a five hundred dollar check from the government every year, it helped fund my off season snowboarding purchases, but I certainly didn't pay down any debt like I should have. Americans today are more in debt and living way above their means than ever and it's nobody's fault but thier own. My grand parents didn't have an ounce of debt to their name because they knew it was like to deal with real economic hardship. It's time for our generation to deal with some hardship. Not everyone needs a giant flat screen TV on their wall, a fancy new car in the driveway, and a giant house in the suburbs when in reality they can't afford to barely put food on the table...