Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Base is a little banged up

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  KIRKWOOD-$LUT 
G
#1 ·
I recently damaged the base of my board right along the edge. It is slightly deformed and it looks like it might peel up or get worse if I dont do something about it before the next time I go out.

This is the week when most people go back to school/work, and I happen to have it off. THe problem is that the shop cant fix it until thursday. I need to know if there is anything I can do to stop this from getting worse this week, or even fix it. It doesn't have to be perfect...

Any help would be great.

(Oh yeah, how much do you think this should cost to get fixed at a shop?)

G
#3 ·
Haha the pictures make it look worse... i think.

My main question is whether I should just cut out the large sections that are peeling up (and Ptex the whole area), or try to save the base by somehow holding the peeling parts down (and only Ptex a small amount.)

#4 ·
this is a job fro pros, your edge is pulled away and an at hole ptex jo won't last, when the board is intiact it is essentially sealed from moisture getting inside, your board is compromised now and eventually water will work its way in which will decrease the life of your board, take it to a pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.