Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rocker, Camber, and everything in between
View Single Post
post #178 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemisiq View Post
Hi guys, a new joiner in the forum here.

Thank you for the very comprehensive post, Wiredsport.

I am a beginner-intermediate goofy snowboarder currently looking into Rocker-Flat-Rocker snowboard (ex: K2 Grenade). What is the benefit of this board in comparison to Rocker-Chamber-Rocker board (ex: Flow Merc)? I mainly ride all-mountain freeride on major powdery/ minor slushy terrain.

Open to any suggestion for board type.

Thanks.
Stoked Chemisiq,

A few things. The Merc is actually Camber Rocker Camber (not Rocker Camber Rocker - I know, this stuff gets crazy sounding). It looks like this:

The idea there is to keep a lot of contact area and drive while still benefiting from the looseness of rocker.

The K2 deck (I think you mean the Brigade) is almost entirely flat with a bit of lift at the contact points. That leads to a very stable board but at the expense of energy and ease of transitioning from edge to edge in carves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|