Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Today I Hate Thread!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #989 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by areveruz View Post
Today I hate just about everything living. Woke up to the news that my best friend killed himself on his bike last night due to the super dense stephen king-esque fog we had last night. Today blows & I feel numb. I'm not looking for sympathy/empathy, just to vent to nobody.
areveruz, that's rough. I'm so sorry. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
+10
Though my trailer is not as heavy... but contains a nervous freight. Could slow down abruptly in case of energency, but the freight will hop n stomp and will likely refuse to be loaded again for some time
PLUS when a car stops abruptly in front of a (tag-along) horse trailer, causing the rig to brake suddenly, components in the hitch mechanism can give out.

Ask me how I know what it's like to see two of your horses/the trailer careen past your tow vehicle and proceed to gain speed across the grass median into three lanes of oncoming traffic on a busy interstate.

I've always said testing for driver's licenses should include:

-Riding on the back of a motorcycle
-Riding in a horse trailer WITH horses
-Ride as a passenger in a tractor trailer

I've done all three. My heart has stopped with each. There'd be less dumbass 4-wheel drivers on the road if they knew what it was like for the above vehicles.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote