Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Freeride setup?
Thread: Freeride setup?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 01:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Scheissami

Question Freeride setup?

Any recommendations? Budget isn't unlimited but I'd rather spend the cash to get it right the first time. I've been riding steady for several seasons and enjoy moderate riding with occasional jumps / hucking cliffs but nothing too wild.

I ride an 05 Burton Air 161 and am not planning on getting a new board this season.

Currently I have 05 Ride SDI bindings and Salomon boots (can't remember the make). I find that I get pretty cold toes throughout the day, especially my lead foot, which doesn't come out of the bindings often. These bindings are old enough to predate ubiquitous cap-straps. I think the boots were sized a bit small and the bindings also cut off circulation.

I've tried on a bunch of boots the past few days and, though they're retarded expensive, the Burton SLX's seem to fit the best. I have a narrow heel so the snug fit in the back is nice, despite a roomy toebox. Any other recommendations that fit the bill?

How about bindings? I'm looking at the Burton Triad or CO2, but that may just be marketing. Any recommendations for bindings?

I appreciate your help...

Years riding: 11
Boot size: 9-9.5
Height: 6'
Weight: 140