Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Poll: What age did you start Riding?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 03:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
BCsnowboardchik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$han View Post
started at 24... which really sucks cuz I'm too old to recover quickly, so I'll never progressin the park as much as I want to.

ah well, better late than never.
ohh pulllleeeeze nothing at all stopping you from doing park, now you probably have the money to buy some protective gear if you're that worried.
Man I have smashed and been smashed all over and still going strong! The only thing I change is I am smarter now and wear a helmet :P

If anyone out there thinks they are too old, fat or out of shape to do what you dream of, let me say I came from being a flabby lazy POS drunk back to doing all the sports I wanted to and 100x better then when I was a kid! If you want it bad enough you can do it!

Ok enough pep talk...sorry bout the rant anyways...

I started skiing at around 9, then ditched it for snowboarding I THINK around 14.. had to learn myself as noone I knew snowboarded.

Never took a lesson till I was in my 20's lol.. the first lesson I took was when I did the L 1 instructors course for fun, never taught though I dont really have the drive and people loving skills to teach well.

Anyways I too took the route of ditching boarding for booze and partying, I can say now going back to boarding has been one of the things making me enjoy life to the fullest again and I dont need liquid courage this time