Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#1,104 ·
Yeah. I'm just screwing around getting random shots. Drift is a new sponsor for us and they want me to put together a video compilation of offseason training to competing in championships next April. We have used their cameras for a couple of years now so it's cool to be getting all their new stuff next month.

#1,106 ·
another fun day but damn those conditions turned to shit. especially when it started raining ha. argo which one of those photographers were you? you guys must of got some great shots today. especially from early in the day when the snow was good and every one was laying it down

#1,118 ·
It was very hot in June, but since the early season fires and that lame stuff, the summer has been pretty nice. Nights have been cool as of late with nice mornings. I am enjoying my bike commute these days. It just seems to take less effort with the temps. Mountain biking has been a blast too.

For those of you who haven't checked it out, Stauton State park is pretty amazing. Went mountain biking there last Sunday and the scenery is just outstanding. The trails are easy to ride, but steep in spots. About 16 miles in all, so easy enough to do it all in one day. The looks nice and the rock climbing looks to be pretty good too. Same type of rock as you find at Devil's Head. Super featured, lots of chicken heads, incuts, and that sort of thing. The Elk Falls Overlook is not to be missed.

Park just opened in May, so it hasn't quite caught on yet. Not many hikers and even less people or bikes or horseback. Quite a change from the other spots around.

#1,119 ·
i70 is functional, but 285 is magical. So many epic secret spots for summer and winter, I get all giddy any chance I have to head out on it. And the goods start from just out of town all the way down.

G, what's the dog situation at that park? Leashes suck :D

#1,120 ·
You do need to have your dog on a leash on that one. That is a bit of a drawback in that regard. The thing is you have to hike quite a bit on multi use trails. All of those or double wide, and on a bike you can haul some serious ass. So a dog off leash, might not be such a good thing. I think on the hiking only trails, you could risk letting pooch off leash. Same goes for the Elk Overlook hike from the lake. The climb is pretty steep, but it's fire road. So there is plenty of space to avoid collisions and that sort of thing. We were the only bikers who went up there anyway. Probably not a lot of two wheel traffic in that spot.

I wish the snowboarding off of 285 was better. For summer hiking and biking it is a pretty fantastic area. The S'Platte is one of my favorite regions in Colorado.

#1,121 ·
I don't know of I'm in CO come October. It's a really tough decision to make, but there's a job opening up back in NC that is pretty close to what I'd call my dream job and they've already told me it's mine if I want it. I really don't want to move back east, but getting my foot in the door in this industry would open me up to move pretty much anywhere I wanted in 3-5 years and with the cost of living in NC I'd be able to save well into the 6 figures during that time making what I'd be making. It may be one of those offers that's just too good to turn down.

#1,134 ·
Landed a new gig here in CO so it looks like we're staying! :yahoo:

Still flying back to NC here in a couple of weeks to talk to them about that other gig because why not, nothing to lose by talking to them and maybe they make me an offer I just can't afford to refuse, but as of right now looks like CO is where it's at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.