Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone been to High Cascade Snowboard Camp
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
DCsnow
Gone

Default Whoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Just like anywhere, the coaching is as good as your willing to be taught. HCSC is all snowboarders and a pretty clean atmosphere. They have adult campers also. I'm assuming your adult or upper teens. HCSC is in government camp, about 10 minutes max from the lifts.

Windells is also good, a little more of the good dirtbag feel, coaching is great but not quite as good as HCSC. It doesn't matter much except in regards to coaching, they have skiers their too. Their coaching will rotate some so you might have a high level freestyle skier teaching snowboarding. They snowboard but not at a higher level, this doesn't matter much until you get to advanced tricks. Windells is about a 30 minute drive every morning to the lift.

Both have skate parks you can use if your a day camper.

If your an adult, just drive out there and plan 2 weeks, get there 3-4 days before camp starts. You can do the camp and not have lodging included.... It's like half the price. Just camp out in a tent or car camp if you have an SUV/truck. Trillium lake is right across the street from mt hood/timberline RD entrance, like $10-15/nt to camp. Mt hood rv resort/campground is also near by in welches(closer to the mtn than windells). Their camping includes use of amenities like indoor pools, hot tubs, game rooms, showers, laundry, etc. This is where we camp every year.

My sons coach the last few years has been Seth hill. He is a pretty good competitive snowboarder(Burton open, dew tour next year, among other comps) and an excellent coach. His first years coaches are now on the Olympic team for their countries so they don't coach in the summers anymore..... Just letting you know the level of riders they have as coaches.

The mountain is amazing If you like racing or riding park. There are more park features there than you could ever want and the atmosphere is awesome. Next year we are going for 3-6 weeks with the smokin team. It will be at windells though since they are going to sponsor them, my son is one of their riders. Should be a wild month.... Those guys are kinda wild and fit windells perfectly.
Dude, your son rides for smokin? sick! How old if you dont mind me asking? Do you have any affiliation with smokin, because i used to ride a smokin park board, forgot the name but it had park in it, like parkstar or something or other.
DCsnow is offline   Reply With Quote