Snowboard Advice Please
Please can you give me some advice. I have been snowboarding for about 3 years but only manage to go for a week at a time every 6 months or so and would like to buy my first board. My details are below.
If you could answer the following I would be grateful:
1. I have been riding rental boards and I know they differ but generally do they tend to be towards the soft or stiff end of flex?
2. I normally ride a 155 board...I am happy with this size but from what I have read it seems a little small for my height/weight. Any advice on whether to go with a longer board?
3. I have seen a board that is a DC flex rating of 7...will this be too stiff for my height/weight? Would you recommend a softer board for someone who has never own a board before?
4. Any advice on buying a DC Tone 2013, DC Ply 2013, Burton Process Flying V and Burton Blunt? Would one in particular and if so why? I am particularly interested in finding out about the DC tone as there is not much info out there about it.
5. I am also considering a Burton Clash but am worried that I may out grow it quickly and as it seems to be aimed at beginners I am concerned that I may not progress on this as much as the others?
7. Any recommendations of other makes of boards would be welcome too.
Height: 175 cm (5ft 9")
Boot size: US9
Ability: Intermediate? I can happily go down blue/black slopes linking turns together etc..
Riding style: All Mountain, spend most of my time on groomers - Never been in the park but would like to give it a go!
Budget: Anything that keeps the wife happy (anything upto 600usd)
Location of riding: Worldwide but mainly Japan and Korea
A lot of questions I know, thank you,
Last edited by Cornesy3000; 09-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.