Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New (bigger) board...what to expect?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gimpystyle

The cinch ctx is K2's top of the line cinch binding, so it should be as stiff as they come. The Vans Fargo's are great- I stepped into those boots and immediately knew they were perfect for me. Nice and stiff, true to size, and cradled my feet perfectly.

I've been reevaluating all my angles/stance/etc - I literally haven't adjusted my stance angle since ten years ago until last week. I'm running about a +12/-3 and I might go a little more duckfooted. I'm riding centered on the board and considering moving back a smidge as well.

edit:

Also in response to MunkySpunk:
Yeah, I picked the K2's over flows for a couple reasons...one of which was the "real strap" setup. Also, I like how the K2's lift up the ankle strap when you pop down the highback...I feel like it's easier to get your boot all the way in vs. the Flows where you just get to cram it in there. I also compared the weight of the binding vs. a set of Ride straps that were sitting there and the cinch was actually a little lighter.

Last edited by Gimpystyle; 01-08-2009 at 03:51 PM.