Originally Posted by bseracka
real pics should be required or the thread gets deleted. fs threads without pics are worthless.
I also hate the no price threads, I feel like you should post your starting price or put it on ebay
Agreed! For myself anyway, I don't bother giving threads much thought if it doesn't at least include a picture and price. All the thread does is tell me that the user is too lazy to try and sell the product.
Also, in regards to the bumping thing, maybe try changing the rule to only being allowed to bump once a week or something. The Subaru club I'm on has rules similar to what is being posted here, and some of the suggestions I'm making, and it seems to have alleviated a lot of post and run threads.
"1. All marketplace thread titles must begin with "FS: ", "FT: ", or "WTB: " and must contain the item name. Thread titles like "*MUST SELL NOW*" will be deleted. Multiple item sale threads must at least contain a general description, such as "Garage sale: 02-07 impreza parts"
2. All "For Sale" threads MUST INCLUDE: (Copy the below format if you wish)
Description: Accurate description of item and its current condition (possibly a cross reference of which cars the item will fit, if you know)
Location of seller:
Willing to ship:
Method of contact:
Pictures: A quality picture of the item (blurry upside down iphone pic not allowed) How To: Embed pics into your post
3. No “Testing Waters” or "Feeler" posts. If you‘re going to post an item, please have the intention of selling it. If you don't know what the item is worth, do your research. All else fails, put a random price of what you would like to receive for it, and the market will take care of it. (eg. If it doesn't sell, your price is too high)
4. Discussion of price should be done via PM. Negotiation of price by people intending to purchase should be done via PM. Criticism of price should be done respectfully and must include evidence. (related forum ads, kijiji ads, etc)
Posts like "Are you crazy?" will result in deletion and possible points.
5. Thread bumping is limited to once every 7 days, and may only be done by the seller/buyer.
6. Unrelated posts such as "GLWS" and "wish I had the money" will be deleted, and points will be issued. Interpretation of an unrelated thread bump is at the interpretation of the moderators. Trending will be taken note of. If you are in the habit of posting in FS threads without ever buying anything, it will be noted.
7. Marketplace threads with no activity for 30 days or more may be locked."
Or something like that.