Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new board
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
dans9717

Question Need Help! Looking for a new board

I'm still pretty much a beginner/intermediate rider. Over the past 10 years I really haven't gotten much riding time (mostly only 1 day a year). Good news is I took my 9 yr old for the first time New Years eve and he did awesome! This means more ride time for me!!!!

I'm still learning how to carve down the mountainside. I'm riding a really old and stiff K2 Fat Bob 159 with Flow Flite 3 bindings. I'm 6'2" and weigh about 165 and wear a size 12 boot. I really have trouble riding this board and I'm looking for a new all mountain board that would be easy to keep under control, but will last me a few years.

I rode my freind's old Timeless 155 and really liked the the way it turned, however, it really wasn't very stable for me going fast and I didn't feel comfortable on it. My K2 is REALLY hard to turn, but I love how stable it feels under me.

Anyone got any suggestions?

My freind wants to sell me his 07/08 Arbor Mystic 161 for $150. Would this be a good board for me to ride and improve my skills?

Last edited by dans9717; 01-09-2009 at 12:58 PM.