Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bindings might be too big?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
phile00
Veteran Member

Default Bindings might be too big?

Well, I bought a pair of Flow NXT ATs in large. I wear a size 9 thirty-two brand boot and that's right in the center of the sizing chart. My boot sits really far back in the binding, so I had to rotate the baseplate to a different position so I could move the binding forward (as I said, since my boot sits so far back) and it's SLIGHTLY better now. So this necessitated me extending the heel pedal backward (it's a little insert) so the binding could be equally spread across the board toe-side to heal-side.

Here are my questions: Are your boots are supposed to be centered over the binding? Should the binding also be centered (toe-side to heal-side)?

With the binding now centered on the board (with 20 degrees on my front foot and -20 degrees on my back foot), when I try to center my boot on the binding, I have about a half cm of room toward the base of the highback. If I seat my boot back into the binding, then I have too much heal hangover (I think).

So, aside from the 2 questions above, how much should one's heal hang off the back of a binding?

Last edited by phile00; 01-10-2009 at 09:07 AM.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote