Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Omatic Awesome vs Forum Seeker
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
taylor4

Smile Omatic Awesome vs Forum Seeker

Hey everybody, hate to bother y'all with another "what kind of board should I get?" thread to gnaw at your brain cells, but I felt compelled to start one after witnessing the rather explosive snowboarding knowledge on this forum. Anyway, let me cut to the chase, I'm looking to buy a new board, have done a hefty amount of research, and came down to two possibilities: Omatic Todd Richards Awesome or Forum Seeker, both '09 models.

I consider myself more of a freeride rider, as I prefer to hit some sick backcountry/pow but I do enjoy some freestyle, both in park and out. So basically, Im looking for a board that can really own backcountry/pow, drops, and tree jibs, but can also shred in the park. I picked out the Awesome and the Seeker because they seemed to be the most relevant to my desires.

I'm 6'1" (186cm) and 172lbs (78kg) so Im looking at sizes 158-160. I also need to know if a waist width of around 250mm can handle my 11.5 size boots (32 Lashed, which arent your regular 11.5 but more like a 10.5)

I'd really appreciate you guys wise thoughts and recommendations, perhaps there are other boards which would be more appropriate...

Thanks,
Taylor