Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Kaijus Nike boots...what size do I get???

6K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Mystery2many 
#1 ·
Hello my fellow riders as y'all already know that time has come to start picking up some new gear for the up coming season. Now, I'm pretty much set but stuck with a decision. I'm looking to buy a pair of Kaijus Nike boots but unsure of what size to get. Reason being is I had own a pair of zoom AF1 in my regular shoe size (9) and after half a season they were pack the fuck out. So I had to sell them. It was so bad that someone who wore a size 10 were able to buy the boots. So really my question to you guys are,do the Kaijus act the same way?? And should I get an 8 1/2 this time or stick with a size 9.

Need as much input on this as possible.
Thanks
Shread hard

#6 ·
There's lots of discussion on every forum about boot sizing that's why many don't really want to answer you.

But I'll try to help... I just bought a pair of Nike Kaiju boots this summer too btw.

First of all, your regular shoe size means nothing. People have different preferences when they wear their shoes, some like it snug fit, some like to wear 1 or even 2 sizes bigger. Usually people will say "oh buy 1 size or 0.5 size smaller", but that's just because on average people wear 1 size bigger. That does not mean that you are actually doing that with your "regular shoes" though.

So what you gotta actually figure out is your actual foot size. The best way to do this is just to go to a store and try out boots, or ask them to figure out your size for you.

Once you got that, then you need to be looking for a pair of boots that's as tight as possible on your feet without hurting them. That's, again, USUALLY half a size smaller than your actual size. If you are gonna buy online, you still might as well try sizes in a local shop before you pull the trigger.

Also worth noting specific to the Kaiju boots is that someone (that seem to know what he's talking about) mentioned on a different forum that the difference in half sizes for the Kaiju boots is just the liner. For example, size 8.5 = size 9 boot, size 8 liner. So you might want to keep that in mind when people mention that their boots feel "narrower" and stuff.

#10 ·
I'm very happy with the purchase....glad I went down 1/2 feels nice and snug walked around for about 30 mins or so with them on and wish they made work boots like this....true test lies ahead when the season starts
Recommend you go 1/2 to a full size down if you can relating to my past experience

#11 ·
congrats on your purchase!
i was looking at getting the 2013 kaiju's for this season as well. i'm coming from the burton moto's and i wear an 8.5

i've been reading alot of reviews and most people say that the kaiju's fit narrower and a bit smaller, so they recommended go up 1/2 or 1 size.

you probably haven't broken them in yet but how do they feel right now before being broken in?

i don't ride much every season so i'm debating if i should go down to an 8 and try to break them in or get an 8.5 or 9 so they're comfortable right out of the box

#15 ·
I actually went and purchased a pair of these myself so I thought I'd give some input on what I thought.

I ended up going with 9.5 US size, I'm the same boot size in 2013 Burton Hails.

The Nike's do feel more snug, but not in a bad way. I had them on for over a hour just around the house and they were so comfy, they never rubbed, hurt or pinched anywhere.

I'm happy with my purchase and cant wait to try them out soon!

#24 ·
I too would like some insight on the sizing of these.
Last season I wore a size 9.5 Ride boot that was moderately snug in the toe area, but the boots are cheaper and too soft for me. I have the opportunity to get the Kaiju's for $150 but the largest size they have is a 9.5. I tried them on and they were very tight around the toes. I understand they'll pack out, but will they really pack out a .5-full size?
I normally wear a 9.5/10 shoe depending on the brand, and I have narrow feet. Should I snag those 9.5's and hope for the best?

#25 ·
Yes they will pack out a half size. My last year ZF1 packed out 1/2 size and my new DK from this year have packed out 1/2 size from wearing nonstop around the house getting ready for this season.

For reference I wear a 12.5 Nike shoe. The ZF1 I got last year were 13's and got too large for my feet once they packed out.

This season I got the new DK in a 12 and they packed out to perfection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.