Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Stance (angle) ?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Phr34k

steiner, you're correct for the most part of your post, but there are a few kinks in there regarding angles and stance names:

forward: both bindings have positive angles, but nothing too extreme. EX: +21/+6, or +15/0.
duck: bindings are in both positive and negative angles. EX: +18/-6, or +15/-15.
alpine: both bindings have extreme positive angles, moreso than a forward stance. usually you won't use this setup unless you're riding an alpine board.

hope that helps clear things up a bit .

maxpayne, i would go ahead and do what others have suggested in playing around with your angles. you don't HAVE to be duck to ride switch; doing so just makes things easier, since you're not going down the hill backwards. if you only occasionally ride switch and don't do much park, give +18/-6 a try and go from there. it's more of a laid back duck stance so you'll be somewhat direction oriented still, if that makes any sense. i have my bindings set to those angles and i mostly freeride with the occasional jump or ground trick. it's all based on preference.
Phr34k is offline   Reply With Quote