Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Questions about board size.

913 views 7 replies 1 participant last post by  showbiz 
G
#1 ·
Hi, I'm a new rider and looking to get a board. I am planning on getting a Forum Recon with recon boots and bindings. I'm wondering what size board I would need. I'm just over 6' and weigh about 180 and size 12 shoes. I'm thinking the 158 or 161 but not sure which or if I will need a wide board. Thanks.

G
#2 ·
ull prolly need a wider board or if u dont want a wide board get some toe lifts for ur bindings but for weight check out the boards specs and it will tell you the weight for the size of the board

#3 ·
With a size 12 foot, you should be fine on most boards. Also keep in mind you can usually go with smaller boots than your regular shoes. Try out some 11.5 or 11's and see how you like them. At 180 You're in the 157-159 range. I think a 161 might be a bit big unless you're riding a bunch of powder.

Avoid lift plates like Paris Hilton's cooch. Both are going to leave you with a painful burning sensation and won't help you in any way.

G
#7 ·
Generally, you should be okay with the one you have. It will be a little difficult to learn on (smaller boards are slower and easier to manipulate), but by learning on a larger board, you won't have to worry about stepping up to one in a year or so.

G
#8 ·
Personally I prefer smaller boards because of maneuverability, I don't think it'll make too much of a difference though. Good luck, hope u catch on quick. It gets more fun when you stop falling and spraining things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.