Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Good board brands for jibbing?

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  MadRopes 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I've been snowboarding for about 6 years and I am looking to upgrade to a new board but have no clue what brands or models are better for what. I currently have a K2 Access board with burton bindings and boots and i believe the K2 Access is extremely old.

What brands or models should I be looking for, and are there any specific one's that I should look into? I am into street jibbing more than I am into the slopes, and am looking for a board with good flexibility.

Thanks a bunch,

EDIT:
some more specifics, I'm really into jibbing on rails and such at terrain parks as well as urban areas and parks like schools with rails and benches and stuff.
Also looking for the "bang-for-your-buck" option that's a little lighter on price but still rides nice :p

#3 ·
Hey,

I've been snowboarding for about 6 years and I am looking to upgrade to a new board but have no clue what brands or models are better for what. I currently have a K2 Access board with burton bindings and boots and i believe the K2 Access is extremely old.

What brands or models should I be looking for, and are there any specific one's that I should look into? I am into street jibbing more than I am into the slopes, and am looking for a board with good flexibility.

Thanks a bunch,
ride boards, burtons, k2s, flows, shit all of them you gotta be a lil more specific what do you mean by street jibbing? Do you mean like urban riding like in city parks? if thats the case just buy a piece of shit lamar board it wont really matter.

G
#4 ·
Yeah, I've got a rome artifact. It's a little more on the pricey side, BUT! It's totally worth it.

I've also heard some good stuff about the forum manual (a bit cheaper as well, so you won't feel bad beating the crap outta it)

G
#5 ·
a nice somewhat inexpensive board is the ride kink. good for jibbing anywhere. really forgiving(especially if your into rails) they also make a wide which a lot of people seem to like. burton blunt would also be another good choice, not as flexxi as the kink though

G
#8 ·
THanks guys, also, which ones are better on the price side? Im looking into the nmore "bangforyourbuck" option that is a nice jibbing board. I'm a size 9 boot, 160pounds, so how shpuld my weight affect the kind of board im looking into?

G
#9 ·
I second the forum destroyer. I ride one in the park alll day and its sick. i like my board not too soft not too stiff... its a mid flex board and i have no problem pressing it... great for kickers too.. stable on rail/boxes/jibs..

or you can try the forum manual or substance... the manual is pretty inexpensive but its super soft. its mostly just prerfence..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.