Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Four "Rescued" from Grouse Backcountry
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
mag⋅net⋅ism

Media spin is total bananas! I heard about this incident from my roommate who pointed me to a few CTV news online stories. I felt like these guys took a totally boneheaded, unnecessary risk. BUT after reading threads on the TGR forum and the North Shore Rescue blog and seeing the back-and-forth that ensued I feel much differently. It seems much more like they were being made an example of, as if these four riders became scapegoats and attention-getters. I don't like the idea of people who ruin it for the rest of us, and that goes for Grouse Mgmt too -- what the hell would have happened if they had tied up NSR resources with this total farce of a "rescue" and other people didn't get help they legitimately needed in the meantime?? Have we not already learned our lesson from the boy who cried wolf? The whole thing seems ridiculous, though it's easy to be a critic with my butt on a couch and my fingers on keys...
mag⋅net⋅ism is offline   Reply With Quote