Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #3887 (permalink)
ankkassa

[QUOTE=david_z;1100321]You've got 4 options, maybe 5 depending on what you consider to be "Southeast".
  • [
  • Mt. Holly; the larger of these areas I think, although they're all about the same vert, Mt. Holly makes better use of their acreage and spreads the terrain out nicely. Also, there are fun side hits and banks and what not if you know where to look. Their park is somewhat lacking, but they have had the best jumps consistently the last few years, of all sizes & shapes & skill levels from 2-footers to maybe 25 footers.
  • Mt. Brighton; ordinarily this is an "also-ran" but on account of being acquired by Vail Resorts this year, I'm really looking forward to a new Mt. Brighton. Vail is pumping $10MM into the place, new lift towers, re-graded terrain, awesome looking auto-cad drawings of their terrain parks, refurbished lodge/bar facilities/etc.
  • Hawk Island; this is pretty much only a terrain park. There is also a tubing hill, and a walking trail, and stuff like that but as far as terrain goes it's just one run, and all covered with park features. If you want to ride a lot of park and get good in a hurry, this is the place to go. If you don't ride park, even though it is only like $9 for a lift ticket, you won't have any fun here. But if you do ride park, you have to go here. Technically this is not "southeast" Michigan since it's in Lansing, it's more "central".
thank you im considering those three i know mt.holly is pretty nice and hawk sounds like fun both about a 45 min drive... alpine is okay imo thats where i had my season pass last year they rarley took care of there park and it got boring vary fast there.
ankkassa is offline   Reply With Quote