Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #3888 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankkassa View Post
thank you im considering those three i know mt.holly is pretty nice and hawk sounds like fun both about a 45 min drive... alpine is okay imo thats where i had my season pass last year they rarley took care of there park and it got boring vary fast there.
Well if you do ride park or are interested in riding more park, I'd get a pass to Hawk Island to supplement whatever else you decide to do. The Hawk season pass is only like $100 which pays for itself after a few days.

My personal preference would probably be Mt. Holly, I'm stoked that Vail is putting $$ in to Brighton, but I'm going to be a skeptic until I see it materialize. I know they are putting money in to the terrain, now $10MM is a lot of money to me, but it's not that much when you start talking about lift towers and re-grading hills, refurbishing 10,000sf of facilities, and buying several hundred new sets of rental gear, etc.

I think it will be a better hill than it is/was, and I think their parks are likely to be on point from now on. But I still think I'll prefer to ride Mt. Holly's terrain.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote