Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156

66K views 211 replies 36 participants last post by  danm 
#1 · (Edited)
Actually this is just a prequel, I'm heading up to http://www.Shweitzer.com this Sunday and Monday for first turns on this board and the forecast looks pretty promising for some nice pow.
About me, 160-165lbs sz 9 foot 5'5"... I've been riding 'seriously' for the last 7-ish years but off and on since I was 15... I'll be 40 in March. Not into park except for jumps/kickers and don't do switch unless I need to get out of a dicey situation.
I purchased the Raptor to replace my T.Rice 157... My pure pow board is a Lib Mullet 160 and I'll keep that for snorkel days! Love the rice but the waist width at 25.8 can be kind of a chore with my feet and it's a twin and I don't do much switch so..... in comes the Raptor. I was originally considering the Cobra but after much reading and noticing how reviewers (Snowolf, Leo, others) noted that the Heritage was stiffer than the Cobra and the T.Rice was stiffer than the Heritage... and I really like the stiffness of the rice :)
I'll update this thread probably Tuesday...

Happy riding
danm

#186 ·
What Size to order 159, 164 or 161W

I am getting close to ordering a 2014 Raptor and seeking some advise on size.

Currently riding 2010/2011 Raptor 164 with Burton C60 Binding and 10.5 Burton Ion Boots

Rider Stats:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180-185 lbs
Boot size: 10.5
Sex: Male
Stance: Regular
Riding Level: Advanced Freeride
Preferred Terrain: carving groomed hills, steeps and powder
Experience: 10+ years average 30 days per season

Considering following there sizes: 159, 164 or 161W

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

#187 · (Edited)
I am getting close to ordering a 2014 Raptor and seeking some advise on size.

Currently riding 2010/2011 Raptor 164 with Burton C60 Binding and 10.5 Burton Ion Boots

Rider Stats:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180-185 lbs
Boot size: 10.5
Sex: Male
Stance: Regular
Riding Level: Advanced Freeride
Preferred Terrain: carving groomed hills, steeps and powder
Experience: 10+ years average 30 days per season

Considering following there sizes: 159, 164 or 161W

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
159 best. You could go 164 if you really wanted to, but I do not see the benefit.
Definitely not the wide.

#193 ·
Hi guys i really wanna get a new stick for this season and the NS Raptor caught my Eye! This season gonna be more groomers then powder cos in only boarding in sweden! :blink: So my question to you all is the following: Should i get a 156 or a 159. The 156 would prolly work fine cos im around 160-165 lbs and siza 9-9.5 boots BUT cos im mostly gonna do groomers this season is the 159 maybe better and more stabile? Also i can get ahold of a 2013 156 for a bargin price! So what to do?

#208 ·
just picked a 2013 up in Blacksburg, Va for 299 plus tax...guess some people out in the boonies don't know anything about Never summer....It was a 156 so I was a little worried cause I'm about 6' and 180 with a 10.5 boot.....But after reading the forum I think I'm fine....Also paring it with my Proto is going to be nasty :)

#211 ·
Can't believe this thread is still around! I have my bindings centered on the inserts since the inserts are centered around the directional rocker, if I happen to get a DEEP pow day and I don't actually have my Lib Mullet with me I'd probably set the bindings all the way back on the Raptor.

#210 · (Edited)
interesting thread. I ride a 164 cm 2011 Raptor. I am about 156-162 depending on the day. Love the board and this length (seems to be longer for my weight than most people ride). my first CRC board and it is more surfy than my old cambered board for sure.
my stance is set all the way back on both feet, or close to it, I think.... I would have to check it to be sure...

as for bindings: Burton C60s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.