Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

07 Rome Solution Opinions

14K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  sbnewbie 
#1 ·
Anybody ride a solution? I came across a really good deal on an 07 Solution 160 at a local shops tent sale ($150.00). I'm a 2nd year northeast all mountain rider getting my first board. I'm 5'7" 175-185 without any gear on and have a size 7.5 boot. I was initially looking for a 158 board, but the deal on the solution 160 was almost a hundred bucks less than any of the other boards I was looking at so I picked it up along with a set of Arsenal binding ($85.00) and the boots that felt the most comfortable and stable on my feet Northwave Legend Apollo 05's for $60.00. So do you think that this setup will work good for a new rider of my size, or should I exchange the board for something else in a smaller size?

#2 ·
Did you happen to get this at Sno Haus in Huntington this past weekend??? I ask because I was there myself and picked up a pair of Volcom pants. The Solution's a great board, it's a bit big for your weight but I think you're at the upper end of their scale, so you should be fine. You may be a little out of control at first and it will definitely be faster than your used to but whatever go kill it!

#3 ·
Word personally I think anything Rome is the Bees Knees but that particular set up is a littel big for you. But I started out on something big then that the first board I bought was a Burton Bullet 169 which is a retarded kind of to big considering I was probably about the same size as you if not a little smaller. But there are a couple advantages to starting on a huge board like that. You get acclamated to high speed, when you finally step down to a smaller board throwning that one around will be cake that and the available flex that you will have will be live night and day. I went from that Bullet to Romes Anthem 156 and I loved it.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, I was a little worried about the size but Romes website listed the weight range of the solution 160cm at 150 to 200 pounds and the 156cm at 130 to 180 pounds. There is a chance I can exchange it for the 156, do you think that would work out better for me? I wish I could get the 158 but they don't have any left on closeout. This was at Pedigree ski shop in White Plains.

G
#6 ·
lisevolution said:
I'd say stick with the 160 rather than go too short...
I agree I've found that riding a board too long, is better then too short... i.e. my first board after getting back to somewhere with snow was a K2 Illusion that I got cheap it freaking killed me lol. Then I bought my 162 and that was a whole lot better.

Plus whats SnoHaus's return policy? I would say go try it first...

just my wordy two cents

G
#7 ·
I just bought a 160 Solution as well. I am still a beginner only having gone a few times. I have not used it yet and am wondering if I should get a 158. I am 6'0" 180-185 lbs. The 158 is rated for up to 190 lbs and the 160 goes to 200 lbs. I was told that I would outgrow/progress a pure "beginners" board (in my price range) and was recommended the 160 Solution over the 158. As a beginner will I really notice a big difference in the 158 over the 160 or vice versa?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.