Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wife Has Boot Problems
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i had those boots and i had to replace them after only one season. i found that they were to flexible for me (i think this was partially due to the fact that the the speed lace loosened up with every turn i made) and my heel was lifting despite the boots being as snug as possible (toes touching but not bunched). I was having some real problems riding the steeps cuz i had no support or heel hold. To make it through the season my local shop threw a couple makeshift j-bars cut out from foam into the heel to provide a little extra hold. This definetly helped, but it still wasnt good enough for me and i had to replace the boots this season. boy did i notice a huge improvement when i got some stiffer boots with a better lacing system (they are burton and the speedlace doesnt loosen up at all). It sounds like i may ride a little harder than your wife and her problems might be solved with the j-bars, but im just lettin you know i did not have a good experience with these boots, and they really only seemed fit for an absolute beginner.