Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is this safe? ...lost a highback screw
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
markee

Default Is this safe? ...lost a highback screw

Heya sbf,

Was up at a local mountain last Saturday, skipped my pre-trip check, which was especially important this time since I hadn't been up the 3 weeks prior, and ended up losing a binding screw/ladder thing that holds the highback to heelcup for the left side my back foot (I ride goofy so that would make it my left binding). I noticed this with like an hour left in my day, so what I ended up doing was getting the highback in the right position and strapping in real tight and never unstrapping my back foot for the rest of the day (I ended up riding lifts strapped in switch). It affects my riding for sure; I seem to have to work harder on heelside turns, but it's better than not riding at all.

The place I bought from said they can't do anything, so I just sent an email to K2, but I really want to go up either this weekend. Would it be unwise/unsafe for me to continue riding the way I did? Will this cause damage to the highback or heelcup in anyway? I was also thinking of shoving somthing small in the hole then duct taping it for the time being...

Thanks a bunchies

I'll have pics up in a jiffy...

EDIT: pics

Left binding (screwless):

Right binding (what it's supposed to look like):

Last edited by markee; 01-14-2009 at 09:17 PM.
markee is offline   Reply With Quote