Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #1182 (permalink)
digZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatonMike View Post
I am sure this has been asked a million times. but is it nice there? I planned the trip from Illinois there since their 4 day pass was so cheap! I think i paid like 120 for 4 days of boarding at A.Basin. A couple friends and I just want to experience a little colorado boarding instead of this hill stuff here.
When are you going? You being from Illinois(I used to ride in Iowa, Ill, and Wisconsin), even A basin only partially open will probably be a great experience for you, but there are better mountains for early season/mid season riding. All of the "fun stuff"(East wall, Pali, Zuma) at A-basin is quite rocky, so it takes quite a bit of snow to open it up. I got a couple of pretty bad shots to my base last year trying to ride Pali in late January. A basin has this laid back party vibe that a lot of the other resorts don't. Going there in the spring is a great experience.
digZ is offline   Reply With Quote