Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #1185 (permalink)
AcroPhile
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatonMike View Post
I am sure this has been asked a million times. but is it nice there? I planned the trip from Illinois there since their 4 day pass was so cheap! I think i paid like 120 for 4 days of boarding at A.Basin. A couple friends and I just want to experience a little colorado boarding instead of this hill stuff here.
It's not a destination resort by any means and if you plan on riding only groomed greens and blues (I'm making an assumption here), you may get a little bored by the end of your 4th day. Don't get me wrong it's a great ski area with many things to love about it.

Also, what time of the year are you going? If you really want to explore the mountain, that's another consideration. A lot of the steeper stuff isn't open until later in the season and they may be a little more conservative with opening up some of the terrain after last seasons avalanche.

But after all, you're coming from Illinois so literally anything here will be a million times better than what you're used to, especially if it's your first trip out west. So I digress.

Just some food for thought. I'm sure it'll be a great time wherever you go.
AcroPhile is offline   Reply With Quote