Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hyper/Over Active lower back?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
SnowOwl
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Actually your best bet would be acupuncture. Combine it with massage if you like. Get some needles monday, massage tuesday, needles wed, massage thurs. You should be good after a week or so.

Oh and to answer this - Anyone on here have any experience with hyper active backs? Know of any good stretches to help break up the swollen muscle tissue? Or any exercise to balance out the muscles. Anything at this point lol

Yes!

FOAM ROLLER. Roll the shit out of it and stretch. A good one is stretching your arm up over your head and bending toward the opposite hip. That stretches the hip and low back really deep. Basicaly a sideways arch. A masseuse will give you a bunch of stretches after she assesses you though.

Just get a roller though, they help big time.

Oh and drink more water, that might just be the issue in itself?
Tbh I've actually consciously increased my water intake. AND I have my foam roller right here next to me

But acupuncture is a first one...sounds...interesting. I'll look into it and start considering external help Lol thanks
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote