Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Another great pick...
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
KH817

Default Oh,

You say the market went up when it was known he was selected? For how long? I thought the market has closed, DOWN, for the last two weeks. If things were looking up to the people investing in the market, wouldn't it start to stabilize and gain ground? This guy KNEW he had to pay taxes. The IMF pays all their employees in gross, "and then every quarter they have to file estimated taxes based on their earnings for that quarter or a percentage of their previous year's earnings divided by four, whichever is the most advantageous for you. And they get statements every quarter, four times a year, explaining what their approximate tax is based on how much they've been paid. He knew all of this. He just chose not to pay it. He just chose not to pay it, but you know what else they did at the IMF? According to Byron York at National Review Online, the IMF grossed up all of their employees that are paid the gross."

"The IMF grossed up the amount of taxes employees would owe so that their actual pay was a net, not a gross. And he still claimed ignorance. They sent out memos all the time from the IMF to their employees, they had a manual explaining all of this. He's the only one that understands the recovery, he's the only one that can fix our recovery, he's too big to fail, it's an innocent mistake, it's a mistake a lot of people make. I would love for Obama to give me the same kind of tax holiday that Geithner got. I wish the whole country could get that same kind of tax holiday that he got. This guy intentionally evaded his taxes, it was not an honest mistake, the party of taxes has to start taking responsibility for it. Whether Lindsey Graham likes it or not, we put up with Charlie Rangel as a crook now running the Ways and Means Committee. He should be thrown out of office. There's no reason to promote a guy who purposely didn't pay his taxes."