Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Starting Fresh.. Help needed!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintergreen View Post
Thanks! And it was with a paid instructor. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if it was someone I wasn't paying, but oh well. Also, it was a group so imagine me, my friend who is the same age and five 8 year olds....
Yup!! That is likely a big part of the problem! If you can, first thing this season. Try and get yourself into a private lesson or two. It will be much more to your benefit to have someone focused solely on your issues and not splitting their attention between you & half dozen others over the course of an hour!

My first lesson @ 50, was a group lesson! Picture a big, dumb, clumsy, grey haired dude, in a group of eight or nine 10 & 12 year olds! lol! It really didn't accomplish much more than show me I wasn't completely hopeless at snowboarding. It sparked my obsession, but it wasn't until I took a private lesson a month or two later that I was able to really get comfortable with my learning and progressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery2many View Post
It will be hard to give you specific advise because I/we can't see your mistakes and work with you....
^This^ That is the main reason I had for linking you to the LTR vids first. Until you have a fair idea of what your specific problems are, it is going to be difficult if not impossible to give you truly helpful, problem specific advice!

For now, watch the vids over & over before the start of the season and as soon as you can, get that private lesson! Once you have had some personal instruction and get a better idea of what you actually can do, and what still gives you fits. The people here will be able to give more helpful suggestions!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote