Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Starting Fresh.. Help needed!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintergreen View Post
Hey! I'm a 14 year old girl, and I started snowboarding last season. Basically I love it. Except I had a pretty terrible teacher and sadly, learned nothing but heelside all season. I can't link my turns at all and ended the season with frustration and the mindset of giving up and never snowboarding again. The season is coming up soon, and I have the intent and determination to learn my heel side and link turns well. The problem is, I cannot shift my weight. I really would like some help and tips, it would be much appreciated. Thanks
Are you scared of falling or getting hurt? That can limit some people, and if you're worried, then armor can help with that. My fiancee started with wrist guards and a helmet. I wear pretty much full armor except for wrist guards...

There are some good videos out there on how to complete your turns, but a private instructor will likely having you turning in 2 hours instead of 2 days. If you can get a private lesson or two, with a GOOD instructor, my guess is you'll be off to the races. Then I'd say it's worth a lesson every 10-15 days on the snow until you're very confident.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote