Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Starting Fresh.. Help needed!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
KansasNoob

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Get a private lesson with a seasoned instructor and they will be able to get you progressed beyond your entire first year in a lesson or two. Be open, ask lots of ?, be fearless and learn how to fall. I'm a ski bus chaperone for middle and high school kids. Occasionally a kid will ask for help and I'll spend a couple hours and they will be lapping the bunny hill. The next week, if they want I'll take them to a black run and show them abit of the rest of the hill...and that usually does it; also show them/point out from the chair, folks to watch that have good form vs bad form.
I can't really say much, since for me toeside was easier. But you're probably having trouble committing to point downhill and turn, you need someone to show you and of course practice. This will be my third season, and once you learn the basics, all you need is confidence and practice to get better. And I'm always watching people, looking at what to do and not to do. And some people watch me, which is awesome. Like 2 people. It gets more fun the more you go!!!
KansasNoob is offline   Reply With Quote